Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stormy Skies

A line of thunderstorms passed through early this morning, and as the day progressed, all I could see through the window was a wall of dark, mottled gray clouds. When I stepped away from my desk, however, I noticed that the rest of the sky was a bright, piercing blue. From where I was sitting, I could only see a corner of the sky - and it just happened to be the part where the storm system was lingering. From my vantage point, I couldn't see the beautiful, clear sky that was pushing the clouds away.

It struck me that my life is quite similar! Most of the time, I can only see one piece of the puzzle - one corner of the sky. While I'm focused on the pain and heartache that is visible, I don't see the amazing beauty and blessings that God is busy bringing my way.

I am reminded of a verse in Psalms: "For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." (Ps. 30:5) The storm clouds may roll in...but that doesn't mean that they're hanging around!!

No comments: