Saturday, April 18, 2009

30-Second Commentary on Life


***WARNING***
***TWILIGHT SERIES SPOILER AHEAD***


I'm probably the only person in the world who hadn't read these books, so I'm not sure why I bothered with the spoiler alert - but, it seemed prudent, just in case. I love suspense and hate it when I find details out prematurely, especially in books. So, if you haven't heeded my warning but may someday want to read these books - stop right here!

What the FREAKING heck??? A human/vampire union can produce a child, but my sweet, stable, loving husband and I can't?!? While there are a few people whose pregnancies I can truly be happy about (I even visit exactly one pregnant blogger's bloghouse regularly - you know who you are!), I will admit to severe pregnancy jealousy in most cases. What can I say, I'm a work in progress. But can someone explain why I can't even read a bunch of cheesy, vapid teenage romance books without having a pregnancy thrown in the mix? I have spent the last forty hours or so GLUED to these books (I'm halfway through the last one), taking only minimal breaks for the purposes of sleep, and there has to be a stupid pregnancy at the end? Oh, please.

This is exactly like my last birthday, when C took me to a really expensive Japanese steakhouse. The place was packed out, and there was only one pregnant woman in the building - guess where she sat? At our table, of course. And guess what she talked about the WHOLE ENTIRE TIME? Her pregnancy, of course. I am used to these things...but I thought I would be safe in a teenage fantasy world. Guess I was wrong...and now I have to go see how the stupid book ends.

***END OF CRAZY, IMMATURE RANT***

ETA: Hmmm, maybe I should have read a few more pages before I attacked the keyboard with my rant. Great discussion on being a genetic dead end...I feel better now.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Yeah - no desire to read the books - so I felt safe to keep reading. It seems to me that the more I get into this process - the more pregnant women or women with infants cross my path. It's SICK!